The Manitoba Library Consortium Inc. is an incorporated non-profit organization designed to plan and manage cooperatively projects and activities which will provide the citizens of Manitoba with faster and more equitable access to the library/information resources of the province.
The purpose of the Consortium is to facilitate effective and efficient resource sharing among libraries in Manitoba in order to strengthen the library services provided to the residents of the province.
Manitoba Library Consortium Activities
- The Consortium initiates and coordinates projects and activities related to resource sharing and library networking and maintains cooperative relationships with groups or agencies with similar goals.
- The Consortium currently operates LIBRARY EXPRESS, a priority interlibrary loan and daily courier service among participating libraries.
- The Consortium promotes the exchange of information and expertise related to preservation.
- The Consortium created a Manitoba Union List of Serials.
- The Consortium investigates partnerships and facilitates opportunities for resource sharing activities.
Canadian Museum of Human Rights
85 Israel Asper Way
Winnipeg MB R3C 0L5
Ph: (204) 289-2049
Library Services Coordinator
Frontier School Division
1402 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3E 3G5
Ph: (204) 775-9741
Director of Library Services
Booth University College
447 Webb Place
Winnipeg MB R3B 2P2